WooCommerce: Enable API
In order for our integration to sync with your WooCommerce store you must enable the WooCommerce API. Please enable the API on your site admin by following the below steps :
- WooCommerce Plugin Installation on WordPress Website.
- How To Activate WooCommerce API.
Step 1. WooCommerce Plugin Installation on WordPress Website.
If you have an existing WordPress site setup and want to install WooCommerce, using the WordPress Admin is the most straightforward option. It handles getting the plugin onto your site for you. To install WooCommerce:
- Log into your WordPress site.
- Go to: Plugins > Add New.
- Type ‘WooCommerce’ into the Search Plugins… field. You’ll find our plugin that’s made by Automattic as the first result.
- Select Install Now.
- Select Activate Now, and you’re ready to get started!
Step 2. How To Activate WooCommerce API.
Login to the admin panel of your WordPress website and follow the below mentioned steps to activate WooCommerce API:
1. In the left side panel of admin dashboard, Go to Plugins and then click "Installed Plugins" in dropdown menu.
2. Click "Settings" link under WooCommerce Plugin.
3. Click on the ‘API’ tab.
4. Click on the checkbox "Enable the REST API" to enable that.
5. Click on the "Keys/Apps" option.
6. Click on "Add Key" button.
7. Here you can put anything in "description" and "User" but set "permission" as "Read/Write". This permission is required to run the automation updates of selected supplier for website.
8. Then click on "Generate API Key" button.
9. Send us the generated "Consumer key" and "Consumer secret" at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can proceed further and setup automation service.