Getting Started: Order Manager Onboarding
Before receiving live orders, it's important to ensure you're all set in Order Manager by placing a test order first. The test order's purpose is to 1) confirm orders are importing properly from your sales channel, 2) ensure they are being properly processed and routed to the supplier and 3) confirm tracking is syncing back properly to your sales channel when applicable.
- Place Test Order: You will place an order on your sales channel just as a customer would. We recommend you select a small, low-dollar item since the order will be fulfilled and shipped (for tracking purposes).
- Login to Order Manager: Once the order is placed, login to your Inventory Source account to access Order Manager.
- Confirm Order Has Imported: If you're on a Plus or VIP plan, orders will import from your sales channel every 15 minutes. If you are on a Basic plan, orders import every hour. If you want to force a sync, you can do so with the "Order Sync" button. This will automatically import any orders that were waiting for the next scheduled sync to run.
- Assign Shipping Mapping/Resolve Errors: Once your order imports, you will likely see a red RESOLVE button next to your test order. This simply means there are details in the order that need attention, and on the first order it is almost always because you have not yet set the shipping mappings (how to set shipping mappings doc).
Most supplier integrations require that you map your shipping methods. For your test order, you'll need to select the shipping carrier + method you want to use to fulfill the order *Note that you'll only see the options supported by your supplier. Once selected, you'll be prompted to save your selection for future orders.
Other error messages you receive could be related to missing delivery information, such as the zip code, phone number, etc. Follow the errors and correct any missing information, then click "Update". Once errors are corrected, the red RESOLVE button will show as a green PROCESS button.
- Click Process: Be sure to wait for the order to process entirely and look for the blue message flag that confirms the order was placed successfully
- Contact Supplier to Confirm Order Has Been Received: You'll want to reach out to your supplier to confirm that they received the order OK.
- Monitor the Order for Tracking: Once the supplier provides tracking details, we will import those into Order Manager and change the status of the order to "Shipped" and sync the tracking information back into your sales channel.
- Start Selling! After you've successfully tracked the life cycle of your first test order, you can begin accepting live orders via Order Manager.
- How do I map my shipping methods? Take some time to review the Order Manager: Shipping Mapping
- Will I have to manually process ALL of my orders? No, you can opt-in to get set up on auto-processing. In Order Manager, click the Channels tab > Orders and set the auto-processing option to ON. Be sure to add an email address to receive alerts if orders fail out.
- What happens if my order fails? If you have made all corrections indicated by the error messages, but still are unable to process your test order, contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org and they'll look into any issues.
-----> For more details on Order Manager, check out the following documentation:
Order Manager: Getting Stared Guide
-----> Need to speak with someone? Contact Us